I know that I mentioned in my How To Do A Blowout post how much I love my new blow dryer, but because I can’t stop thinking about it, I feel that it deserves its own post. And also because I was once like you, a non-believer in a high quality blow dryer, I am making it my life mission to convince you why the Amika Power Cloud needs to be the one and only item on your Christmas wish list.
I have always looked at my blow dryer as a tool of function and not as a tool that would help enhance my hair. In all truth I skipped blow drying my hair almost all the time because it wasn’t worth it. I’ve always believed that any additional heat was just creating more damage to my hair, and also who has the time to blow out their own hair? So if I could just sleep with wet hair then I would rather. And then I met my Amika Power Cloud and my hair will never be the same. No but really, my hair will actually never be the same because this blow dryer actually helps restore your hair. I know. Read on.
- It dries your hair up to 70% faster, as each strand is dried from the inside out thanks to infrared technology. Think of how much else you could do with 70% more time. That’s like 42 more minutes of sleep in the morning! You could take a morning Soul Cycle class with that extra time or meet someone for coffee or watch 42 minutes of GMA while eating breakfast. Those 42 minutes are for you, but I’m just saying, 70% less time blow drying your hair is too good to ignore.
- It comes with both a negative ion setting and a positive ion setting. What does this mean, you ask? The negative ions seal the hair’s cuticle for smooth, frizz-free styles while maintaining each strand’s healthy moisture, while the positive ion setting opens the hair‘s cuticle to allow vital nutrients and treatments to penetrate even deeper into the hair. This setting is perfect for applying hair masks. Hello! Have you ever even thought about putting on a hair mask and blow drying it to get deeper into your hair cuticles? I haven’t, but now I can’t even imagine the idea of deep conditioning without doing this step. The difference is unreal. Also, it generates 100x more negative ions than any other ionic dryer on the market! What that means for you is softer, healthier hair with way less static. Hugely important for girls with naturally frizzy hair.
- It has a silent fan blade, which means it’s very quiet. Don’t kid yourself, there is still air coming out so there is still noise, but it’s significantly quieter than your current blow dryer. Which, if you live in a tiny little apartment like myself, this is clutch for your sleeping sig-other. Joe co-signs this reason.
- It is built with an AC motor, which means that it’s more durable and lasts up to 3 times as long as your standard dryer. Invest now, reap the benefits for years to come. AND the AC motor gives you the power of two dryers in one! Say whaaat?
- It has 2 speeds and 3 different temperate settings. Now, I’m an extremist and always go to the hottest setting on everything from my coffee to my heating tools (this is a bad habit that I’m working on breaking, fear not), and the second heat setting was the first time I have ever had to turn down the temperature on a blow dryer. Guys this thing gets HOT, which is perfect for girls with thick, curly, course hair. The lower setting was perfect for the temperature for my hair and the cooler setting is really nice for setting the style. There is a temperature for everyone.
- It’s the prettiest. Have you ever seen a prettier blow dryer? Nope, you haven’t.
I promise you on all the trust that you and I have built, I am not trying to pitch you on a $200 tool that you won’t use or benefit from. If I didn’t hadn’t already seen such extreme differences in my hair before and after using this, I would never be telling you all of this. But the truth is that my hair has gotten healthier and smoother and softer since I started blow drying my hair with the power cloud dryer once to twice a week. I’ve never felt this way about a blow dryer. If you have curly hair, course hair, dry hair, fine hair, thin hair, short hair, long hair or really just any hair at all, your hair WILL benefit from using this blow dryer. It’s also the first time I’ve felt like I have complete control over creating exactly the blowout that I want as the results are either big and voluminous or super sleek and soft.
I just want you to be as happy with your hair as I am.
And in case you want to see it in action (I would), here is a video of me using it to show you how to blow dry your hair:
Buy the Amika Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer here!