Sundays are a day made for internet trolling. perfect for catching up on pinterest and blogs that you missed through the week, so lucky for you, each week I give you a perfectly compiled list as a side for your Sunday coffee. Here are the highlights from this past week.
- Marie Forleo is totally a woman that I look up to and want to be and if you aren’t familiar with her, get familiar today. She recently did a 30 minute interview on the future of social media marketing with the social media marketing guru Gary Vaynerchuck that is so good that I cannot believe it’s free. It’s incredible information and if you are running an online platform or just want to learn to tell your story, then skip on over and watch it now. It’s great information.
- Pantone released the 2014 color of the year, which also happens to have been my favorite color from age 4-9. I can’t decide if I actually like this or not. See it here.
- I love Nordstrom’s stocking stuffers list for beauty. Really great suggestions at good prices.
- Did you read my interview this week with fashion blogger Hélène Heath? I loved her insight on being a full time blogger.
- Are you a follower of The Coveteur? I love that they give you the most beautiful inside peaks into the homes, closets and sometimes work spaces of celebrities. This week they coveteured Jessica Alba and, wow, is her shoe collection insane. Check it out here.
- Earlier this week I shared the 5 most important things I learned from doing 30 days of hair. Hopefully you learned a few things that you can implement on your own blog. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can see it here.
- Did you see that pinterest is doing a special Holiday guide? It’s actually really well done- I really recommend you check it out!
- IMG, the company that heads up Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week announced this week that they feel that Fashion Week has become a zoo and they are going to cut most invites for fashion bloggers. I, for one, think this is the most necessary thing. As of last season, the only thing that really qualified you for tickets to shows was the number of page views that you got, you didn’t really even have to have a real fashion pedigree, and that’s not what Fashion Week should be about. Of course there are fashion bloggers who are more like journalists at this point (Man Repeller, Blonde Salad) and they’ve built relationships with designers that they support 365 days a year, not just when they get a ticket to a show. I’m not a fashion blogger, but I would be interested to hear from someone that is. Do you have any thoughts on this? Comment below, please, I really want to know what you think.
Have you seen anything great this week? You know that I want to hear about it. Pop over to facebook and tell me more.
Enjoy your Sunday!