Perhaps it’s my California upbringing, or maybe it’s just my obsession with great hair, but my constant go-to is easy, simple, “natural” pretty, beach-esque waves. There is just something so feminine and sexy about a head of tossed curls, don’t you think? The above picture of Brooklyn Decker makes me want to chop all my hair off and live in this hair style all Summer long!
I really love two things: 1. Anyone that reads this blog and gives me the opportunity to tell you about the things that I love. And 2. SPRING! Although it doesn’t feel like it, at all, it is in fact Spring and I want one of you to have the chance to win 5 of my favorite things this Season. So, let’s combine those two things and have a really good Spring Beauty Giveaway! Fun, right? Here’s what you’ll get:
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lipgloss in Pink Rebellion & Coral Tattoo – My FAVORITE Lipgloss/Lipstain right now in two very Spring colors.
- Dry Shampoo Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo- zomg this is so good. I was just introduced to this a couple of weeks ago and I love every single thing about it. You will too!
- OPI’s Mod About You- Sooo not a new OPI color, but such a classic color. Plus, you all voted for this yesterday on facebook, you just didn’t know what you were voting for.
- $25 gift card to Angela Allen- Freshen up your home with a gift card to my favorite store!
- Beauty Addicts ‘Show Off’ Mascara- Oh just my favorite mascara. Your eyelashes will never be the same, I promise you that.
How To Enter:
- Like A Lover’s Anthology on facebook
- Subscribe by entering your e-mail on the right hand side (Under A.L.A. Daily)
- Follow ALA on twitter
- Leave a comment below
*UPDATE* I just decided to amend the Spring Beauty Contest- Now, if you win, you can pick a friend to win a prize with you! The only rule is that your friend has to have entered to win also!
Extra entry for pinning the above board! (Leave a separate comments!)
Extra entry for tweeting about the contest- use #springbeautygiveaway (Leave a separate comments!)
Extra entry for sharing the contest on facebook! (Leave a separate comment!)
Winner will be randomly selected on Friday, March 29th.
As someone who staunchly believes in washing my hair as infrequently as possible, imagine my delight when I was introduced to an entire line of products that completely support and celebrate that cause! The original blow dry bar, Blow here in New York, has an entire line of products that help extend the life of a blow out to new levels. I’ve currently become beyond obsessed with two of their products, but one of them is such a clear standout for me.
Blow Pro “Time To Shine”
Okay so not washing your hair is excellent because it teaches your scalp to work with the natural oils that your body produces. If you wash your hair daily, it strips your hair of that oil and that is when you’re left with overly dry hair that breaks off easily. And not to mention that super clear hair almost never holds curl or style, so if you’re wondering why you can’t get big hair, that’s probably why. To me, the only downfall with going four days without washing your hair is that after I pile on the dry shampoo, I lose ALL shine and it can begin to look really dull and lackluster. I’ve tried other dry oils but they immediately make my hair dirty, so when I started using Blow’s “Time To Shine” I couldn’t believe that it solved all of the problems I had. This weightless sheer mist is packed with white tea and chamomile extracts and works to replenish, smooth your frizz and soften the cuticle without greasy residue or buildup. It ALSO has a UV filter that diffuses and reflects light, so it’s protecting you from sun damage- something that I bet you didn’t even realize was happening.
You guys it just works so well. I style my hair, go spritz spritz and my day four hair looks like it’s a perfectly newly washed blowout all over again. It’s such a dream.