- Turn your head upside down and add a layer of dry shampoo for volume in the top, or even just if your hair is a little dirty.
- Taking your teasing comb, gather the front section of hair (your bangs) and spray a few spritzs of hair spray or dry shampoo and do a thorough teasing job. (If you missed the first video on How To Tease, watch that first!)
- Repeat with the second top section in the back, and then again with another layer back. Depending on how much volume you want, continue to go back on your head, teasing more layers.
- After you have good volume on top, use your fingers to gather all hair into a ponytail in the middle to lowerhalf of your head, leaving out a small bottom layer, about 1-2″
- Holding the ponytail with one hand, use the other hand to twist the ponytail and then wrap it clock wise around the hand that’s holding the ponytail. Just wrap the hair around itself.
- Remove the first hand, take your hair elastic and wrap it around the bun at least two times, more if it doesn’t feel secure with just two wraps.
- Take the layer that you left out at the bottom, part it evenly and take one side, cross it over (ex: take the hair on the right side of the head and cross it towards the left), lightly twisting it around as you pull it up and wrap it around the bun, securing with bobbypins. Repeat the same step with the other section of hair.
- Taking your fingers, rake thru the top of your hair, tugging gently to loosen the top layer
- Pull some pieces out around your face
- As always, haaaaairspray, hairspray, hairspray.
- 2-3 quick spritz’s of Blow-Pro 3D Illuminating Mist to brighten things back up and we are done.
Do this messy bun, take a picture and post it on our facebook wall. It’s been so fun seeing you all interpret this on your own beautiful hair, so I made an album dedicated just to your creations- come see.
-This is day 5 of my #30DaysofALAHair, view the rest here. Day 6 will be on the blog tomorrow afternoon. See you tomorrow!-