If you’re asking, “…what is on her face?” (as you should be), then you should know that my face is covered in the easiest solution to your skincare problems, and it’s something you can start doing today. I am a sucker for a good DIY beauty project, so when I found this little miracle mask floating around the internet, I decided I’d give it a whirl. I did it once, was so in love with the results that I decided to recreate it just for you (And for my skin. Let’s be real, I’m kind of selfish). It includes just 3 key ingredients that pack a huge punch when it comes to balancing out blemishes, redness, rosacea, eczema and acne scars.
This simple at home mask uses ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen cabinet, and while it takes just 4-5 minutes to make, you will feel the positive effects on your skin to days to come. If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to know just what each ingredient is doing for your skin, so let’s break it down:
- Honey has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help to draw out impurities from the skin. So by targeting breakouts, it helps to reduce redness and calm down inflammation.
- Nutmeg acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, which means it helps to reduce swelling and redness in skin. Works great to combat acne, rosacea and eczema. Nutmeg mixed with the honey is a powerful agent for soothing scars or red marks.
- Cinnamon has long been known to kill bacteria and help prevent infections by bringing blood and oxygen to the skin. It also works as an exfoliant and helps to stimulate the pores so that the nutmeg and honey absorb into the skin.
Now that you know why everything is so great for your skin, let’s get to how simple this is for you to make tonight:
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tablespoons of honey (side note: I use raw honey because I prefer the benefits of an unprocessed honey, such as energizing B vitamins and immune-boosting vitamin C. However, this mask works perfectly fine with liquid honey as well)
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- small bowl or jar (if you want to store what’s left for another use, a jar with a lid would be a great decision)
1. Mix honey, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
2. Stir, stir, stir. At first it will seem overwhelmingly dry, but keep stirring and let the nutmeg and cinnamon melt into the honey. The final consistency will be a thick, spreadable paste.
3. Apply an even layer over your entire face (avoiding your eyes, obviously) and let sit on your face for 30 minutes. A useful tip: don’t go any longer than 30 minutes, it starts to drip off and that’s honestly just so damn messy.
4. take a lot of pictures and turn them into a gif.
After 30 minutes, wash off mask with warm water, moving your hands in circles to help exfoliate dead skin cells. Don’t miss this exfoliating step- it helps to leave your skin incredibly soft! Pat dry, finish off with your favorite moisturizer.
I wouldn’t lie to you, this is an incredible mask that’s so easy to make, cost effective and, most importantly, highly effective. I recommend doing it once a week, twice at max, to help calm any inflammation or flare ups from skin disorders like acne, rosacea and eczema.
So, are you willing to try this or is it too risky? Let me know below! Also, if you have any questions while you’re making this- tweet me! I’m always around to answer your questions!